Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming. If you want to buy or sell games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Proper old style platform games (for the Wii)

(5 Posts)
fuzzpig Fri 01-Jan-16 10:30:15

Used to love Spyro and Crash Bandicoot when we had a PS2 but can't figure out if any Wii games are like the old style ones.

I had a look at Spyro the Eternal Night but reviews said it was more fighting than collecting. I'd prefer the opposite! In Crash I liked the fact it was small, finite levels.

Any recommendations please? We love New Super Mario Bros (but can't quite stretch to the All Stars one). We don't have a working controller for GameCube games so it has to be an actual Wii game.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 03-Jan-16 16:58:36

How about some of the Lego games? Like Lego Star Wars?
Or Sonic games?

The Zelda games are very good but they do involve a fair bit of fighting.

MadeMan Sat 16-Jan-16 14:37:41

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is very very good.

Xexyz Tue 31-May-16 10:40:58

I realise this is an old post but thought it worth while in case anyone else reads it in the future.

The Wii has loads of great platformers. Super Mario Galaxy (and its sequel) are thought to be some of the best platform games ever released. On top of that you can buy Super Mario 64 on the Virtual Console.

If you like 2D platformers, you can get many of the original NES and SNES games on the Virtual Console, but I'd also recommend A Shadow's Tale which is a beautiful game about a shadow separated from his boy.

mistyegg Sun 17-Jul-16 08:33:59

I know it's a zombie thread but I thought this would be perfect for OP.

www.pocket-lint.com/news/138249-nintendo-s-new-console-revealed-but-it-s-not-what-you-expected

I'm quite tempted to get one too smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now