Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming. If you want to buy or sell games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Hello Gamers! Please can you give me some ideas of what to get ds (16/17) for Christmas and his birthday?

(8 Posts)
WavingNotDrowning Sat 19-Dec-15 09:46:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mylittlelights Sat 19-Dec-15 09:48:02

Turtle beach headphones with microphone.

Mylittlelights Sat 19-Dec-15 09:53:25

*Headset

SecretServ1ce Sun 20-Dec-15 15:00:02

I think Turtle Beach are specific to xBox?
DS2 is 17 and he has a gaming headset which has a microphone, he chats to friends on Skype while playing League of Legends or Hearthstone. He also has a gaming mouse and keyboard. They light up and do other whizzy things that I don't really understand.
Vouchers - look at Steam or Blizzard?
I have bought DS a gaming chair for Christmas like this

coffeeisnectar Sun 20-Dec-15 15:03:22

Guild wars, if he does t have it, is a great game. My 17 year old has,been playing it since she was 8 and still loves it.

CatMilkMan Sun 20-Dec-15 15:15:02

Don't bother with a controller unless he asked for one, head set and steam vouchers are probably best.

enderwoman Sun 20-Dec-15 15:26:42

Not the controller - some games can't be played with a controller.

Steam is a site where you can get games and I'd say that it was the best type of voucher to get.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 23-Dec-15 14:40:25

Yes to Steam vouchers, especially around the holidays. They have good sales that steal my money fblush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now