Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming. If you want to buy or sell games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Five Nights at Freddies

(10 Posts)
Biffa44 Fri 18-Sep-15 10:43:37

Can anyone please tell me anything about this game? My 9 yr old son is obsessed with the characters and wants to get the game, but I have heard that the content is a 'a bit dark'. He hasn't played the game, though claims his friend has it. Any ideas what age this game is appropriate for? Thanks.

TheFuzz Wed 23-Sep-15 16:28:08

It's a jump scare game. Nothing really moves just jumps out at you. Looks scarier than it is. Bores me stupid though.

BertieBotts Wed 23-Sep-15 16:29:28

Erm, no, it's aimed at teenagers +. I think it would be too much for most nine year olds.

BertieBotts Wed 23-Sep-15 16:29:52

OP search it on youtube. You can see clips of people playing it on there.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Fri 30-Oct-15 14:12:24

My gut is no, but I'm going on the Minecraft version!

My boys were watching Dan TDM play it and it scared them (nearly 7). But I agree look on Youtube.

dementedpixie Sun 01-Nov-15 16:08:40

It's rated 12+. Ds is 9 and has played it once but has watched lots of YouTube videos of others playing it.

DolorestheNewt Mon 23-Nov-15 10:15:14

Late to the party, but just in case anyone searches for a Freddie thread and finds it helpful - my 12 yo was very tearful and wished he hadn't seen it. I think the point is that it's one of those things that has the potential to freak out older children unexpectedly and not necessarily rationally, as opposed to it being a really bad game, IYSWIM. IIRC - and it's possible that I haven't remembered correctly - the problem was sinister teddy bears, which I can kind of understand.

Bumble2508 Thu 26-Nov-15 21:24:45

I have had to put a ban on it my house my dss has been living with me and my bf for a few months he is 6yr old and his mother thought it appropriate to let him play/watch whatever he wanted for a quiet life I couldnt beleive she thought it acceptable to let him watch things like this, me and my bf have watched some of the videos and apart from it being dark and sometimes alot of adult content the swearing was unbeleivable I wouldnt reccomend it to any child under their teens (just my opinion) it gave dss nightmares x x

Shannaratiger Mon 11-Jan-16 20:26:00

My Ds9 and Dd12 love it. Dd plays it and watches it on youtube all the time. She has the T-shirt, Hoodie, 2 pencil cases and more that her best friends gave her for christmas and birthdays!
It can be scary if watched in the dark at loud volume. Mine love it I know loads of kids who hate it - it is really boring in my opinion if they liked being made to jump they'll love it, if not avoid.
BTW the movie comes out next year!!

justwondering72 Sun 27-Mar-16 08:15:13

Watching an older friend play it has given my 8yr old nightmares.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now