Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming. If you want to buy or sell games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Know any good board games that...

(14 Posts)
Anerak Wed 03-Jun-15 13:14:14

DH and I could play in the evening or that we could play with friends/family at the weekends?
Hopefully this is posted under the right category!

MinesAPintOfTea Wed 03-Jun-15 13:18:38

Ticket to Ride. Carcasonne. Forbidden Desert.

All our favorites that allow 2 player games

alittleegglayonaleaf Wed 03-Jun-15 13:20:17

Those are really good, hadn't thought of Carcasonne but of course, it's a classic

blueistheonlycolourwefeel Wed 03-Jun-15 13:20:55

Ticket to ride is brilliant!

Cards against humanity is very funny but you need to pick your players as some people wouldn't like it.

TranmereRover Wed 03-Jun-15 13:21:10

Perudo (not board game but amazing all the same)
Pucket

MoreTeaPenguin Wed 03-Jun-15 13:23:51

We play Dominion, ticket to ride, and Lords of waterdeep

Hanabi - co-operative card game it's great fun

MargolottaOfUberwold Wed 03-Jun-15 13:29:39

Hey thats my fish is a lot of fun

Anerak Wed 03-Jun-15 13:31:42

Great thank you for those

blueistheonlycolour, looked up Cards against humanity and part of their product description on the UK version:

"Adapted from the American edition to suit your outmoded culture"

Hilarious

FruitOwl Wed 03-Jun-15 13:32:07

Cranium is good fun, the more people playing the better. I've been playing Pandemic with my housemates and it's great, a strategy game where you have to work as a team. Scotland Yard also good fun!

ThatSmirkingWhore Sat 06-Jun-15 18:11:54

Cards against humanity, hilarious with like minded people, but as a PP said, choose wisely, some may not appreciate the humour, you really have to be as nasty as possible!

Fluxx is a good one, we have the pirate version, games take between 10-40 minutes to play, and the rules can constantly change, it's very fun. Kids can play too.

Munchkin is another one we like, the idea of the game is to go up to 10 levels, fighting monster cards, and screwing over the rest of the players.
We have several versions of this, and play regularly. It's very tongue in cheek with some great 'rules' Games can take anywhere from half hour to two! grin

ThatSmirkingWhore Sat 06-Jun-15 18:13:14

I've just realised all 3 of the games I've recommended are not board games, but card games... oops. Fun none the less though grin

MrsLeighHalfpenny Sat 06-Jun-15 18:22:13

Bananagram is good. And cribbage ( though neither are board games).

Myst97 Tue 07-Jul-15 21:14:54

There are all sorts of types of modern board games to suit all tastes. A treasure trove of information is www.boardgamegeek.com Don't worry it is not a retail site just a database/community. The tab/link at the top left has a welcome page you might find worthwhile reading.Happy to answer any questions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now