Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming. If you want to buy or sell games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Is anyone else a Sims 3 fan?

(482 Posts)

I mentioned on the Hay Day thread I might start a Sims thread. I've been playing it for 5 hours today. I even forgot to have wine grin

I know it's probably not socially acceptable to be 22 and a fan of the Sims 3... But this is a 15 year addiction, starting with The Sims, then the sims 2 and I've now been a steady Sims 3 player since it came out in 09!

Anyone else?

spinduchess judging by previous releases it's usually around 6 months - so I'll tentatively guess at March.

spinduchess Sun 28-Dec-14 18:31:01

Anyone know when the Sims 4 will be out on a Mac? The wait is killing me.

Been a while!

Anyone still playing TS3?

I have to say, since TS4 came out, I've played far more of 2 and 3. I've been really enjoying 2 actually, though a large part of that is nostalgia grin

Celestria Sun 02-Nov-14 18:17:18

I get so distracted building houses I've barely actually played my sim. Love the sad helpline though and she is always putting on music whilst doing other stuff, very cute smile

SummerScoop Sun 02-Nov-14 17:07:50

Well I swapped for supernatural and then got the sims 4 anyway! Got to say I love it so far! My sim has just married Don Lothario and had a baby. Love the new emotions, hiding under the bed when embarrassed. She was really flirty the other day and made heart cookies which made everyone that ate them flirty too lol. I've clocked about 6 hours (since yesterday) and barely scratched the surface so far so good though!

Celestria Sat 01-Nov-14 16:06:02

Got to say guys, I'm enjoying the sims 4. Reason being that it's very simple, there is so much less choice and I find I focus better instead of flipping between things and getting bored.

I hated house building but I love it in the sims 4.

There are things I do miss, namely toddlers. If they get put in I will be happy.

Celestria Fri 31-Oct-14 09:36:32

Well I've bought the sims 4. It's £34 at the mo on origin. Waiting for it to download.

Celestria Thu 30-Oct-14 14:11:27

My computer doesn't cope fantastically with sims 3 but I've seen sims 4 is a bit easier going. However I'm bad for overloading with custom content so going to uninstall all my sims three stuff and start afresh, with only store bought content. Will be hard for me as I'm used to using custom skins and eyes etc etc but fed up of slow game!

browneyedgirl86 Thu 30-Oct-14 11:56:19

I feel the same Celestria. I was all set to get the sims 4 but then the reviews and the game play videos on YouTube put me off! Hence why I'm sticking to the sims 3.

Celestria Thu 30-Oct-14 10:10:29

Hi all. Looking at sims 4. Can't buy it until Saturday and just am not sure whether I will even like it. Any opinions?

browneyedgirl86 Wed 29-Oct-14 21:37:38

Love the sims! I still love the sims 2. But like the sims 3. Getting a new pc as my current one has died and being looking as my only requirement is it must be able to play the sims 3. Not bothered about the sims 4. (Yet)

You have your sim parent pick them up. Click on the baby and there will be sOn my way! care options.

Ahh love the sims! 29 year old sims addict here!!! Still loving the sims 3 atm as sims 4 is not yet out for the mac. I've just started a legacy challenge which is a lot of fun I defo recommend it.

pingpong3000 Wed 22-Oct-14 00:16:24

I dont like the expansion packs they are just so many of them srsly check go into a charity shop and you WILL find a sims expansion well thats what I've found

pingpong3000 Wed 22-Oct-14 00:12:19

Love sims 3 but I couldn't find out how to get children out of cots so social services came confused can anyone help?

TaliZorahVasNormandy Sun 19-Oct-14 00:27:09

Yeah, I hated it.

Has anyone else bought Sims 4 yet?

Snatchoo Wed 01-Oct-14 13:34:31

SummerScoop what did you do in the end?

I've been watching some LPs on YouTube just to see what the gameplay is like - I've come to the realisation I don't play with my Sims for very long, I enjoy building their houses, creating a Sim and then making their families. Then I get bored.

I'm enjoying the interactions and emotions in Sims 4. I'm slowly considering it.....

SummerScoop Wed 24-Sep-14 10:05:13

First world problem - Dh has brought me sims 4. I've been putting off getting it until at least an expansion pack is out. It just doesn't sound great from reviews still sulking about lack of toddlers and adult sized teens can't decide whether to swap for supernatural or give it a go.

Jumblebee Sun 21-Sep-14 22:13:44

They appear in all the worlds although using TestingCheatsEnabled true you can control what supernatural creatures are in each world. However when I decided to get rid of zombies my game crashed shortly afterwards (sob!) so I decided to let them get on with it hmm

SummerScoop Sun 21-Sep-14 19:31:04

Do the zombies appear in all the worlds or is it just the world that comes with supernatural? Think I might get supernatural next.

Jumblebee Sun 21-Sep-14 18:41:56

Although I must say I hate those bloody zombies coming in and eating my crops!!! I had to lock them out by fencing off all my plants. Undead pests!

Jumblebee Sun 21-Sep-14 18:40:56

Summerscoop I quite like supernatural, I just made my very first fairy and she is an expert gardener thanks to the "bloom" reward that fairies can earn which makes them harvest in a fraction of the time.

I did enjoy University when I sent my sim, but after a little while it gets a bit repetitive going through the whole uni thing. I've actually only ever sent 2 sims to university. As for the stuff you get, well I can't really think what furniture came with it but the clothes and hair are good grin

SummerScoop Sun 21-Sep-14 14:25:31

Ooh just found you! I love sims 3 haven't got 4 yet have been put off by the reviews waiting till a few of the expansions come out I think. Does anyone have the supernatural expansion pack? Any good? Or the University one?

GeordieShoreAddict Sat 20-Sep-14 20:08:02

I didn't like the Sims 4 when I first got it, hated the way the icons were all moved around etc. I have probably played 12+ hours of it now while th dc have been in bed over a number of evenings and I do enjoy it now however the thing I loved most (raising a family) feels like something is missing without the toddlers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now