Note: This topic is for discussing games and gaming. If you want to buy or sell games, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Is anyone else a Sims 3 fan?

(482 Posts)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FlintAndTinder Mon 25-Aug-14 22:45:15

I believe so, my game was all up to date today and I put most of them in today except OW and MC.

I'll have to try taking them out one by one and see what's causing that...

FlintAndTinder Mon 25-Aug-14 22:47:28

Hmmm, maybe my older mods are out of date. Do you have to update them all individually every time? I don't play for months at a time and then I get a rainy bank holiday and decide to go for it..!!

FlintAndTinder Mon 25-Aug-14 22:57:28

Sorry to spam the thread a bit... but I just deleted Overwatch (apparently there's been a new version since the one I installed in March when I first read this thread! and the bug list has "issues with the Rewards system" which was a clue that I should maybe try that first...) and then the Lifetime Wish was fulfilled when I logged in again!

Thanks for the help, it did make me look again at what might not have been working!

FlintAndTinder Tue 26-Aug-14 00:37:36

Not yet, but I do intend to - however the bank holiday is over and who knows when I'll get a chance to play again!

It's not the same as the old days when you have a toddler at your elbow shouting "Man! Bath! Car!" and trying to imitate the sound effects....

juneybean Tue 26-Aug-14 20:51:43

www.pcgamer.com/2014/08/26/the-sims-4-recommended-system-requirements-revealed-hope-you-have-a-core-i5/

<headdesk>

What happened to Sims 4 not needing as high requirements as Sims 3...?

juneybean Tue 26-Aug-14 21:09:37

Not sure but I wasn't planning on getting 4 any ways, I just thought they were making it more "achievable"

Snatchoo Thu 28-Aug-14 13:56:09

I have absolutely loads of CC and loads of mods. I've had problems but they've all been sorted by variations of:

1) deleting the completely unnecessary CC to make sure there just isn't too much there;
2) removing mods from the folder, updating the patch and then re-downloading and installing the mod. Make sure you don't select the option to update automatically;
3) the biggest problem I've had was with downloads of Premium content where it just wasn't working. Multitab not working, bakery oven not generating the moodlets, the cow corral not working at all and causing the Sim to need to be reset. This was more difficult to fix, but after a couple of rounds of doing this I have fixed them all! None of my Premium content comes from the store btw blush

Flint - why don't you make a backup of your game, install the bakery and then take it from there? I don't use it as a venue, I just like having the items, especially the new oven!

BertieBotts Thu 28-Aug-14 16:37:06

It's probably that Sims 4 doesn't need as high equivalent requirements as Sims 3 did when it came out.

Either way, I'm really really underwhelmed by all of the info about Sims 4, and won't be buying it. Perhaps after there are some expansions and decent custom content but even then, possibly not.

WarblingOyster Sat 30-Aug-14 15:23:31

I've had Sims 4 preordered for months blush

Oooo! Oooo! I just found this thread - haven't read it yet, but just got the Sims 3 working again this past week or so - it used to crash on me all the time, but was bored, so moved it to another drive and now it runs like a dream and I'm obsessed again. I haven't read the thread yet (slaps self) but am delighted to have found it. I'll come back with something more sensible to say once I've ploughed through it all smile

My current sim is a werewolf single mum of one (who seems to be a vampire) daughter - she's (the mother, that is) just turned into an elder and is desperately researching alchemy so she can be young again smile She also collects bugs and kills plants by neglecting them.

I'm not planning on getting Sims 4 until all the release glitches have been sorted - I am sure there will be loads!

Jumblebee Tue 02-Sep-14 12:54:48

I'm so happy people are back posting on this thread, I'll admit I have missed it (I am sad!)

The family I'm playing at the moment constantly crash! I was in the middle of moving them to a new house (didn't want to move them to a new neighbourhood because they're doing really well in their careers) and it crashed on me AGAIN. So I haven't really played properly in at least a month confused

Greyhound I can't believe how much is NOT included in TS4! My SIL has it preordered so I'll be able to have a go on hers. But my laptop is so old I think it would give up the ghost if I tried TS4 on it hmm

Jumblebee Tue 02-Sep-14 12:56:55

Furrydogmother what drive did you move TS3 to? Was it an external hard drive? I'm clueless with computers! My game crashes constantly too, just started on a particular family. If you had the same problem maybe I could do what you did and get back to whole days full of simming grin

Snatchoo Tue 02-Sep-14 15:21:22

I'm glad I haven't pre-ordered TS4 now. I enjoy making my Sims but not enough to have CAS as the main feature of the game!

Jumblebee - when you say crashing, are you getting that 'The Sims 3 has stopped working' box? If so, if you're running the game on Windows 8, you need to change that as there are incompatibilities.

Hover over the icon for the launcher, and right click when the icon comes up. Select properties and then select 'run through Vista' (or something similar - I'm not at home to double-check the fine details!).

I found this out after my game was becoming completely unplayable as it was crashing 5 or 10 minutes into playing. Since I've done this - about a month ago now - I've only had the same problem once.

juneybean Tue 02-Sep-14 15:55:34

*No family trees*

WHAT?! Ugh this game.

juneybean Tue 02-Sep-14 17:03:12

Wow that's cheap!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now