Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

HPV vaccination - advice

(10 Posts)
KatieB55 Thu 08-Sep-16 10:52:40

There is some advice for parents considering the HPV vaccination for their daughters on this website:

anhinternational.org/hpv-vaccination/

and a video from parents in Ireland:

www.facebook.com/REGRET.ie

butterfly92 Thu 22-Sep-16 08:42:15

I was injured from the hpv vaccine (was known as cervarix at the time). It took me months to recover and I did not get the third vaccination.

fleur34 Thu 22-Sep-16 08:46:13

Show me the peer-reviewed scientific evidence and I'll believe you OP

KatieB55 Thu 22-Sep-16 08:56:27

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27609278

Recently published from Japan

KatieB55 Thu 22-Sep-16 09:01:55

link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40264-016-0456-3

There are more peer reviewed publications in the References section of this paper that was also published very recently.

Caper86 Thu 22-Sep-16 09:03:32

Why do people always ask anti vaxxers to show peer reviewed proof? Is it because they never researched themselves before deciding to vaccinate? I have a huge file of 1000 peer reviews into the negative effects of vaccines, which I read thoroughly before making any decisions. I found it easily after speaking to a GP who did vaccine research. But it seems like pro vaxxers don't believe that peer reviews on negative effects of vaccines exist. Do your own research, it's readily avaliable to anyone who bothers to look...

KatieB55 Thu 22-Sep-16 09:58:25

Caper86 - I am not anti-vaccination - I have three children and they are all fully vaccinated. My daughter had the HPV vaccination and has been very unwell for more than 7 years. It has been acknowledged by her consultant that she has had an autoimmune reaction.
It is a fact that there are side effects from all medications - read the Patient Information Leaflet and you will see many more side effects listed than are on the leaflet that is given out at school.

WinchesterWoman Sun 25-Sep-16 22:03:05

Yes I would not have this jab or give it to my children.

gunting Sun 25-Sep-16 22:11:22

I had this vaccine 7 years ago and now I'm terrified. Thanks confused

KatieB55 Mon 26-Sep-16 08:05:37

@gunting millions of girls have had this vaccination with no adverse effects. However parents should do their research and be aware that there are side effects listed on the Patient Information Leaflet that are not listed on the leaflet that is given out at school. There are also many girls who became ill immediately after the vaccination with very similar symptoms and the articles posted above encourage further investigation into this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now