Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Meningitis & chickenpox vaccine advice

(6 Posts)
Kingsmummy2014 Mon 25-Jul-16 09:59:33

Hi All,

I am urgently want to give my 2 years old Baby boy Meningitis Vaccine. I tried to contact local GP, they told me they have no idea!! Now i don't know where to go?? Can anyone please help me with this? I think some are talking about chickenpox vaccine, is it necessary? Please advice.Thanks.

bumbleymummy Mon 25-Jul-16 11:42:23

Some people seem to be getting the menB vaccine in Boots. Maybe you could try calling a few?

The CP vaccine is usually only offered to certain people in the UK NHS info here but some people choose to give it privately.

Is there a reason why you're so worried about them at the moment?

Artistic Mon 25-Jul-16 11:50:13

Both my DDs have had Men-B & Chicken Pox vaccines. Google *CityDoc* & call your nearest Center to fix an appointment.

Men B is quite expensive. I paid £130 per dose for 3 doses.
CP was £65 per dose for 2 doses.

Kingsmummy2014 Mon 25-Jul-16 12:41:43

I am having panic attack after reading few stories. He goes to nursery and already getting viral now and then. I am worried thats why.

bumbleymummy Mon 25-Jul-16 13:10:22

Some people have said MenB is £95 in boots.

I completely understand how worrying it is. Facts and figures help with my anxiety so If it helps you a bit - meningitis season is usually in the winter months and incidence of MenB is at a low compared to previous (10 iirc) years.

Serious complications from CP are very rare - see NHS site. I don't know anyone in RL who has had complications beyond a few infected spots that cleared up with antiseptic cream.

thanks

Artistic Mon 25-Jul-16 23:52:40

Instead of worrying too much get an ASAP appointment. You can do the first shot of menB & CP at the same time. That will start the protection & give you some peace.

I did them separately so it took 5 different appointments & tremendous patience!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now