Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

MenB jag tomorrow

(3 Posts)
StylishDuck Sun 26-Jun-16 21:15:14

We're taking DD (16mo) for her first MenB vaccination tomorrow morning. I've taken the morning off work (appt is first thing) to make sure she's ok. Is it reasonable to expect her to be ok to go to nursery in the afternoon? I will, of course, keep her off if she doesn't seem up to it. I just wondered if anyone's DC has experienced any side effects from this vaccination?

Insertwitticismhere Sun 26-Jun-16 21:24:27

My 15 month old dd just had her 3rd (& last)Men b jab. She had the injection at 12 and I dropped her back off at nursery at 1.30. She waved me off with a smile and by all accounts had a fun afternoon. She did have a small lump at the injection site for a few weeks after the first dose but it has completely gone now

StylishDuck Sun 26-Jun-16 22:01:51

Thanks smile That's reassured me. She's been fine after all her other jags but I've never taken her back to nursery after them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now