Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tonbridge Medical Centre - declining vaccinations

(3 Posts)
Pr1mr0se Thu 09-Jun-16 14:22:35

Anyone on here local and declined vaccinations. What was the surgery's response. Seen all sort of scare stories on here of social services etc. Any experiences?

SideOfFoot Thu 09-Jun-16 18:48:21

Not local but I have declined vaccinations. I tell them that it is not mandatory to be vaccinated and then do not discuss it further with anyone medical. I wasn't threatened with social services.

Good luck and don't be forced into anything you don't want. Vaccination is a complex issue and much more than sticking a needle into someone and them being protected for life.

eatyourveg Wed 15-Jun-16 08:51:37

I am local - TMC is my surgery. I declined a vaccination for ds3 but it was around 15 years ago - they were fine with it. Got an invitation 6 months and a year later but nothing after that. Are you declining everything or just one in particular? I made an appt with one of the GPs to talk about it at the time - I would suggest you do the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now