Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DCs are 8 and 4. What vaccines are now available privately that they may have missed?

(5 Posts)
cleanandclothed Wed 24-Feb-16 14:11:56

So Men B, obviously - is there anything else? Baby jabs seem to be much more comprehensive now than for DC1 but I presume rotavirus and flu etc is a seasonal thing (ie lasts one year) so not much point for older DC? Am considering Men B, the other Men one (ACWY?). Wondering about chickenpox. Anything else?

MrsOs Wed 24-Feb-16 14:29:12

These are the ones I'm getting not sure about others x

Cloclomomo Fri 04-Mar-16 14:24:50

You could look at doing Hep A & B as well (there are a few different vaccines, but my kids had a combined one called Twinrix)

1234Littleham Fri 04-Mar-16 20:52:46

I could only find this article which might be useful. Best to take some advice too.

www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3470204/Should-pay-jabs-anxious-parents-scramble-Meningitis-B-jab-privately-vaccines-worth-paying-for.html

KleineDracheKokosnuss Fri 04-Mar-16 20:58:28

I've had dd done with men b and chicken pox. I am also considering the men acwy vaccine, but I think she might be getting that via the NHS when older anyway.

And if you are in a large city witj adiverse population, ypu could consider TB too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now