Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Men B vaccinations - conundrum

(3 Posts)
flopsybunny45 Mon 20-Jul-15 05:53:00

Hi there -

My second baby has missed out on the new vaccination by 12 hours! Now I'm feeling very confused about whether to get him vaccinated privately... I also have a two year old and wonder whether I should also be considering getting him done too.

Is anyone else in a similar position?

Mrscog Mon 20-Jul-15 06:09:01

Yes, ds2 missed out by 10 days and I've wondered similar, don't really know what to do.

louise987 Mon 20-Jul-15 06:38:28

They will be arranging catch up campaign for those just outside the cohortage range, but only for a defined age range so I would wait until later in the year when the campaign gets under way to make an informed and then go back to yourGP. The age that they have defined is down to the greatest risk and benefit of the vaccine, but like you said there are opportunities to get it privately (thou it's not cheap). You could start the course privately then if your child is eligible for catch up campaign the later doses would be provided on the NHS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now