Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Letter from the doctors

(7 Posts)
FiloFunky Sat 09-Aug-14 17:48:58

So I got a letter today. Aged 362 months gringrin

I haven't had my MMR I have been requested to attend and have either one or two injections and the nurse will instruct me which option she will choose for me.

Anyone else had this?!

SideOfFoot Sat 09-Aug-14 18:55:44

I haven't had an MMR either, I'm older than you.

Perhaps it's just a mistake.

But, I think it's more likely that they don't have enough children turning up for MMR and they are trying to increase the uptake by targeting other people.

I would just bin the letter and any subsequent ones I received.

Lonecatwithkitten Sun 10-Aug-14 09:36:59

There is a move to covered unvaccinated adults. I had my MMR three years ago as I never had the measles vacc as a child and was travelling to an area of France where there was an epidemic.
Since then there has been four cases of measles at DD's school (she has had it) one in an older sister of a child DD sees regularly so I was glad I was protected.

EssexMummy123 Thu 14-Aug-14 23:44:42

It's not 100% effective anyway. I think that people believe that if they've had the vaccine then they are totally protected and that just isn't the case.

It's 90% for measles and probably less than 70% for mumps.

CatherinaJTV Fri 15-Aug-14 09:19:08

95% for measles with one shot and near 100% with the second MMR. Better than nothing, I'd say.

AuntieStella Fri 15-Aug-14 09:24:41

I think I'm too old for this, as I think they are offering it only to those with incomplete vax records up to 528 months old. They tend to assume you'll have had the wild disease if older.

Bunbaker Fri 15-Aug-14 09:30:24

I'm too old. Anyway I have had measles and German measles. Not mumps though. But at nearly 56 I doubt I would be called for a vaccination.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now