Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Your experiences with baby's immunisations - how did baby react?

(6 Posts)
mamushka Wed 30-Jul-14 12:11:27

My DS just had his 8 week immunisations. He barely noticed it being as I decided to distract him by breastfeeding him during both injections.

Now I'm waiting to see if he has any after effects that are often mentioned - e.g fever, irritable, soreness.

I'm curious to hear your experiences with immunisations - how did your baby react, was he poorly or grumpy afterwards or not? How long did the effects last and what helped with the symptoms - calpol, feeding, cuddling etc?

I don't have any agenda, just interested.

13Stitches Wed 30-Jul-14 12:13:20

DS just had his pre school jabs. He's never reacted to any (bar the 2 mins of outrage at the sting of it!). No temperature or extra grizzliness.

He had the flu nasal spray one and thought it was hilarious.

peggyundercrackers Wed 30-Jul-14 12:21:02

our DD slept near solid for about 3 days afterwards and was grumpy for about a week in total, was off her food as well. when she was awake she was really clingy too which wasn't like her.

Mylovelylovelyhorse Wed 30-Jul-14 12:23:13

Entirely unaffected bar the 3 seconds of outrage immediately after

Thurlow Wed 30-Jul-14 12:25:24

DD was not impressed by any of the jabs, but she only screamed for a few seconds and then was quite easily distracted by pretty pictures on the wall and pretty much forgot about them entirely. Well, until I ripped the plaster off by accident blush She wasn't ill after the 1st and 3rd ones, but was a bit off colour the next day after the 2nd jab. Nothing that Calpol and a few more cuddles didn't fix though.

JellyStrawberries Wed 30-Jul-14 12:26:46

Cried, bit grizzly and sleepy the same day. No other noticeable effects. I gave one dose of Calpol.

I didn't bf during the injections because the appointments are quick and I didn't want to sit and feed in the room whilst people were in the waiting room. I gave him the dummy and lots of cuddles though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now