Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mmr vac timings

(6 Posts)
Cordial Tue 10-Jun-14 09:12:39

My dd is due her first mmr now at12.5 months question is must it be given between12-13 months? I was hoping to wait a bit longer as don't want her poorly from vaccination whilst we are on holiday in France. A friend is telling me must be done within this time frame can anybody advise if this is correct?

meditrina Tue 10-Jun-14 09:51:30

It doesn't have to be done exactly on +/- 13 months.

I suggest you book the appointment now for on your return, then you won't forget and find months have elapsed before you think about it again.

CatherinaJTV Tue 10-Jun-14 12:01:43

MMR can be given at any time - I concur with meditrina's advice

Cordial Wed 11-Jun-14 13:24:15

Great thanks.

rallytog1 Sat 05-Jul-14 20:59:43

I don't think it's a strict window. Remember though, side effects aren't a given. My dd was fine and so were all her friends.

Lonecatwithkitten Sun 13-Jul-14 21:47:02

DD was done early as we were travelling to an area of South Africa with a measles epidemic it didn't change her schedule of other vacs. Equally I had my first dose aged 39 as I was never vaccinated for measles as a child.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now