Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Poorly after injections?

(5 Posts)
Doodle1983 Wed 28-May-14 08:29:59

Hey, DS had his 16 week injections yesterday 1:30pm and apart fr a little crying when they were done was perfectly fine in the afternoon and evening- as he was with the others. He did have a bit of a cry at about 7pm and I gave him a small dose of calpol as he felt hot. This morning 6am he wakes up screaming! Make him a bottle earlier and he feeds well enough. Still crying tho more or less all the time following a short nap. I'm putting him being off down to his injections yesterday - sound about right?

coldwater1 Fri 30-May-14 16:00:43

Yes most probably. How is he now?

Doodle1983 Sat 31-May-14 05:20:05

Absolutely fine thanks. He must of slept 20 hours on Tuesday.

My little had her 8 week injections and REALLY started screaming about 2 days after but she fed well and she was very sleepy too poor little thing! I was told it was just a delayed reaction from her injections I'm dreading the next ones now! Sounds like your little had the same thing. Poor babies sad!

Doodle1983 Sun 01-Jun-14 20:15:38

My HV said the reactions are a good thing as they show the babies are working at fighting the virus. Usually by the third lot of jabs the immune system works harder so they have a bigger reaction. Poor things

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now