Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Measles vaccine for baby with GERD/Reflux

(3 Posts)
Devlynsmummy Tue 13-May-14 13:07:59

My little man is 15 mths and has GERD from birth. We have decided to having the 12 mth single vaccines due to Coeliac history rather than the MMR and we have an apt with Dr Richard Halvorsen to implement a single jabs program, minus mumps of course for our son. My question is has anyone's child with GERD had either the single or MMR vaccines and if so, how have they been with regards to reflux and behaviour? We are also interested in the new Meningitis B vaccine and it's suitability for a GERD baby?

hazeyjane Tue 13-May-14 13:14:39

My ds has had severe silent reflux since he was baby, he is now nearly 4 and s still on reflux medication. He had the mmr and and all boosters since,with no reactions.

I am curious about the coeliac thing and mmr, I haven't heard of this, but my dd1 also had reflux as a baby, and now has a wheat allergy, which her paed thought was probably instrumental in her reflux.

Devlynsmummy Tue 13-May-14 13:28:58

Thanks Hazyjane for your view and I'm pleased to hear your Ds had no problems following his jabs :-)
My lo's cousin developed Coelic after her MMR and it runs strongly in the family, so I don't want to take the risk with Ds.. I have read studies, that the MMR could be a trigger for Coeliac/Chrons in children who have a genetic predisposition to GI disorders, but as always, a lot of the experts would disagree with such a link, but I personally feel strongly that there is a connection

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now