Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Meningitis B vaccine (Bexsero)

(1 Post)
sbsb Mon 28-Apr-14 12:54:32

Has anyone had their baby vaccinated against MenB, and can offer some advice based on their experiences?

Our son is now 3 months old, and hence will miss out on its introduction on the NHS (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-26679486).

I have spoken with my GP, and they had no information about the vaccine and referred me to two different clinics where we could get it done privately. However when calling them, they both had conflicting information about the number of injections he would need, and the length of time we should wait after receiving other standard baby vaccinations. They seem worried that if the baby had side effects, that it would be easy to identify which vaccine was the cause.

I'm aware of the websites www.meningitis.org/menb-vaccine and www.bexsero.co.uk/patient/ which provide lots of useful information.

Does anyone have any first hand experience? At what age did your baby get vaccinated? How many injections did they have? Did they have the vaccination at the same time as others (@ 2, 3 & 4 months), or were you advised to wait until 5 months?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now