Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

MMR on Wednesday

(5 Posts)

My DD had her first MMR in 2012 and she had a really strange skin reaction. The doctor said he hadn't seen anything like it before. It was localised to the upper thigh where she had the jab but it covered the entire upper thigh. It was hot and all red with quite prominent raised bumps. They weren't concerned as it was just a skin reaction. She has her next one on Wednesday and I'm just wondering if I should be worried about it? Will it happen again? Will it be worse if it does? Could it turn into a full blown anaphylactic reaction? Should I tell the nurse that she had this reaction?
Any help is massively appreciated!!! smile

Just to add, they did give her a topical cream for it, although I can't remember what it was. Probably hydrocortisone.

MissPlumBroughtALadder Mon 07-Apr-14 09:44:28

If you're worried about it (and I would be too) why don't you have her antibody levels checked? 90% of children do not need the second MMR as they have been able to build immunity after first exposure. The second dose brings up to 95 the % of children who will now be immune to the three pathogens. So the likelihood is that she doesn't actually need the second dose.

TheNumberfaker Mon 07-Apr-14 09:56:02

Speak to your doctor about it. If the doctor wasn't concerned about it last time then try to stop worrying now.

TheNumberfaker Sun 13-Apr-14 06:35:27

How did it go?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now