Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

advice needed: to have 12 week and toddler flu vaccinations today with colds?

(3 Posts)
catyloopylou Fri 06-Dec-13 07:30:24

I'm looking for some advice as have vaccination appointment today.

I rescheduled DS2's 12 week imms from last week to today as he had a bad cold, which at that time he'd already had for 2 weeks so I thought he'd be over it by now. But although sneezing and snuffling less, he is still coughing and has a blocked nose and clearly has a cold still.

Also DS1 2.10 is due his second fluenz sniff. The nurse was very clear that they had to be 4 weeks apart and the expiry date on the vaccine is 14 December. DS1 has had a bad cold for 3 or 4 weeks now and although getting better is still snotty and coughing a bit.

Would you take these children for the vaccinations or reschedule, at the risk of DS1 having an out of date vaccine and maybe having to repeat the first dose?

CatherinaJTV Fri 06-Dec-13 10:27:38

I would postpone it by a week, the first flu vaccine will NOT expire, as long as you have them in the same season, your DS will have the benefit.

catyloopylou Fri 06-Dec-13 11:31:25

Thanks. I'll do that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now