Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

MMR - single measles jabs Birmingham/Midlands

(4 Posts)
jakeandjasmine Thu 21-Nov-13 22:28:10

Hi there

My daughter had her first single measles jab with Dr John Oakley in Sutton this year but I had a letter today advising he is retiring. I spent a lot of time researching to find someone trustworthy in this minefield of a subject and this leaves me with two problems I need help with (n.b. please DO NOT turn this into a single vaccines V MMR debate that is not the point here!)

1 - does anyone know the minimum amount of time you can have between first single measles and booster?
2 - does anyone know anyone else similar to Dr John - reputable consultant paediatrician - offering this service rather than these horrible huge clinics that pop up and disappear? Does not necessarily have to be in Birmingham could travel.
Many thanks

sashh Fri 22-Nov-13 07:15:58

Can't answer your question but a suggestion.

Why not get her immunity checked? She might not need a second jab

CatherinaJTV Fri 22-Nov-13 08:34:19

1 - any time that is longer than 30 days is fine for MMR spacing.
2 - I have no idea, few clinics come up on google, can't your Dr. Oakley recommend someone who is not full of woo or greed?

Wuxiapian Fri 22-Nov-13 08:37:34

Watching ith interest.

Want to get my 2 DSs the single jabs and am in Birmingham.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now