Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Need flu jab advice!

(2 Posts)
Littlebean13 Fri 01-Nov-13 12:20:51

I'm 23 weeks pregnant & I haven't had my flu jab yet. My next midwife appointment is on the 12th, will she give me it when I go to see her or is it something you have to sort out yourself?

ClearlyMoo Sat 02-Nov-13 08:10:12

Hello! Congratulations! I'm 13 weeks (today)! I had bloods taken before booking appointment. Nurse said I was eligible for the flu jab, but she was too short if time to do it that day and that I needed to book into a flu clinic at the surgery. I then saw MW at booking appt who said that shed recommend I waited til after my first scan then call doctors surgery and book in. So basically I think you have to make the arrangement. Odds are that your practice will be doing a session. My Dad's GP surgery did 1000 people in one day, and my surgery certainly has a day when they bang them out (though nurse said if not convenient just book in to have snother day anyway). So I think you make the appointment, you're eligible cos your preggers and at 23weeks no one is going to be asking for evidence! Hope it goes ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now