Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

So my toddler is supposed to be having the chicken pox vaccine tomorrow, but....

(5 Posts)
OHforDUCKScake Tue 22-Oct-13 22:33:29

.... I dont know if it will happen. His referred up to London with his health ishoos and they have agreed its a good idea. So we have an appointment at our local hospital tomorrow except the paeditrician tried to tell us he needed a blood test to see if he is naturally immune.

Is this usual?

I dont to. He is 2 years old and he has had far, far too many blood tests in his life time and many more to follow. Its bery difficult to find a vein and the whole process is very very distressing for all involved.

The London hosp okayed it, do you think that can over ride the local paeditrician?

CatherinaJTV Wed 23-Oct-13 10:57:33

why the duck would they need a blood test? If he had chicken pox (the only way to become "naturally immune") he could still have the chicken pox vaccine. If the London hospital has okayed it, I would go ahead and just get the vaccine (note: I am not a doctor and I am saying this because you have medical professionals supporting you). Sigh. I am so sorry this is continuing to be so difficult.

OHforDUCKScake Wed 23-Oct-13 20:35:32

He doesnt need a blood test.

It wasnt even mentioned, it was her PA that told me he would need one, clearly she was talking rubbish!

The CP vaccine is booked its a day thing, because of all of his health issues.

Im very pleased. We were even able to choose the gelatin free one to be on one the safe side (he is severely allergic to ALL things cow).

sashh Thu 24-Oct-13 09:37:58

Hope all is fine.

Hugs for your little one

CatherinaJTV Thu 24-Oct-13 10:40:52

Yeah - let us know how it went. Fingers crossed for a boring and uneventful day in that clinic!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now