Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is it ever possible, in any way, to get the single measles vaccine in hospital?

(2 Posts)
TheGlovesAreOrf Wed 16-Oct-13 08:24:58

Im more than willing to pay for it.

Frightening circumastances mean that my son is quite likely to have a nasty reaction to the MMR (and no, not just egg allergy, more than that unfortunately).
Because of this, no private clinics will touch us. And we are booked in to hospital to have his MMR done but I dont want the full vaccine. Yet.

Is it at all humanly possible, in any way shape or form to get hold of the single vaccine to get it done by our paeditrician?

CatherinaJTV Wed 16-Oct-13 09:16:02

TGAO - I am so sorry about the difficulty of the process and the concerns you must have. Would you pediatrician be willing to get the single measles vaccine through one of the private clinics that offer them? It is essential that the cool chain is maintained for M, M and R vaccines, so it would be best if this was handled between the professionals, but if private clinics won't touch you they might at least be willing to help with a dose of measles provided to a colleague?

In theory, your doctor should be able to order the single vaccines (probably in batches of 10) from an international pharmacy, but I would not know who supplies to the UK. Again, the private clinic may be able to advise your ped.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now