Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Flu vaccine pregnancy - latex allergy

(2 Posts)
TinyPenguin Sun 06-Oct-13 19:19:03

Hi, don't know if anyone can help with this...

My last pregnancy in 2009/2010 I had the flu vaccine but as I have a suspected latex allergy I had a different type of vaccine to the usual (one made without eggs) I attended vaccination clinic on 3 seperate occasions to have 3 vaccines to give me full immunity,
I'm now pregnant again & considering flu vaccine again but need to know if I can still have the same one I had last time -
Does anyone know what brand name it might be or any google info or such like that is upto date for 2013?
Anyone in the same situation?
Thanks

Champagnebubble Sun 10-Nov-13 17:58:00

Tiny, I have the same issue. My midwife and nurse reckoned it was ok, but couldn't confirm. I therefore didn't go for my flu jab, I cancelled the appointment. My reactions can be severe and tbh I'd rather not be pumped full of anti-histamines or steroids if I have a reaction so I've weighed it up chance of catching flu vs. allergic reaction and have delayed it until I find out more information....I'm presently trying to find out more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now