Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Surgery won't get flu vaccine til 26 Oct...go to Tesco?

(5 Posts)
buildingmycorestrength Thu 26-Sep-13 12:21:42

Hi, my husband, son and daughter are all asthmatic but the kidsnare on Singulair rather than steroid inhalers, and my husband's only flares up occasionally. I am not asthmatic but have chronic fatigue and a couple of hospital procedures coming up.

The surgery have just told me they won't get the flu vaccine til 26 Oct and even then they seem to base eligibility on use of steroid inhalers. I'm sure I could get the other three family members a vaccine if I asked.

But isn't 26 Oct very late? won't we be well into flu season by then? Shouldn't I have the jab before my hospital procedure next Friday? Should I just take us all along to Tesco? Will they vaccinate kids anyway?

So many questions....

Lfs2126 Thu 26-Sep-13 15:03:09

My gp starts this week. I was going to try and get it done earlier for ds at boots but they wouldn't do u16s according to website, that's how I read it anyhow. Upshot: check before you pitch up at tescoswink

buildingmycorestrength Thu 26-Sep-13 15:34:58

Yes, Boots and Tesco won't vaccinate u16, I just read. Will just have to wait for GP for kids, I think. Might get me and hubby done earlier, tho.

justamouse Mon 07-Oct-13 15:57:52

I'm 31 weeks, in the military and my medical centre won't vaccinate me until november, my local midwife clinic won't vaccinate me because I'm military. So i'm off to pay for one at Boots. It just seems too long to wait imo.

monikar Mon 07-Oct-13 16:46:36

I had my flu jab in Tesco last week and there was a part of the form for the parent to sign if the child was between 12 and 15 so I am thinking that maybe they do children over 12?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now