Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Refusing to vaccinate your child

(573 Posts)
Organic100 Thu 15-Aug-13 22:34:19

For a while now I have been researching the dangers of vaccines and all the cases of children dying or being made sick after having a vaccine, all of which is not reported in mainstream media. How do you feel about vaccines? I've heard that the medical profession encourages pregnant women to get the flu vaccine, and that babies are vaccinated at birth. I've also researched stories where parents have been reported to social services by a spiteful doctor or nurse, simply for refusing their child a vaccine. It seems parents are losing their rights. What do you think?

vestandknickers Fri 16-Aug-13 09:50:43

Oh dear Organic you really have been taken in by some nonsense haven't you. Your "research" seems to consist of reading some raving anti-vaccine website and believing every word of it. I really hope you educate yourself properly before you have any children.

UriGeller Fri 16-Aug-13 09:56:00

Why ask people what they think, then insult them when they give you an alternative view to yours?

You are goading. What a shame.

SerotoninCanEatTomorrow Fri 16-Aug-13 09:58:36

And a massive percentage of children who DON'T have autism have been vaccinated. What a ridiculous argument.

Link to these statistics you are quoting. Provide reference points for the argument you are so determined to make.

Because there is only one 'nutjob' I can see, and it definitely isn't anyone medical.

Carole803 Fri 16-Aug-13 09:59:07

Organic, people post questions on this forum because the genuinely are torn or don't know the answer. It seems you already have an opinion, don't like, or agree with anyone else and being quite rude and spiteful about it.

We are all open to sharing views and ideas and if you can provide some actual evidence as to why you are right and the rest of us are wrong, based on statistics from the last five years, not last century, we will all be interested to learn a new view.

Please don't insult us. I personally will be getting my children immunised against everything. And if there is a new immunisation introduced, I will follow the research and form an educated opinion.

I, and I assume most readers of this post, do not make important decisions on the health of their family, based on the daily mail, nor do I appreciate that comment, or assumption.

Lovemyprincess4eva Fri 16-Aug-13 10:00:27

U say we are all brainwashed by the media and sheep for believing!! I think it is u that has been brainwashed by some anti-vaccine website u have read!!

I can't believe that u can look at any part of the world that had vaccines and say more children die there than the third world countries that don't have the vaccines!!

U really don't seem to have 'researched' this very well at all and just seem like u want to be aggressive and start an argument with people on here!

I truly hope for ur child's sake u do some more research!!!

Manchesterhistorygirl Fri 16-Aug-13 10:00:28

Organic do you have mad red curly hair? Do you offer hyperbaric chambers and green juice as the answer to everything?

FreckledLeopard Fri 16-Aug-13 10:01:02

Go over to the Special Needs boards - there's a number of posters whose children were never vaccinated but still have autism.

And why start a thread when you clearly don't want to hear opinions? Insulting other posters is hardly going to endear you to anyone hmm

Facepalmninja Fri 16-Aug-13 10:01:23

Op either post links to peer read papers or take your evangelising back to 'above top secret' 'godlike productions' or 'project Avalon' (which incidentally is run by a scientologist and con man).

Toodle pip

lunar1 Fri 16-Aug-13 10:03:01

Yes medical nutjobs all over the country are trying to kill our children. It's all a big conspiracy, they want to wipe us out, the 7 years studying medicine plus all the post grad stuff isn't really about medicine they are spending their time creating a master race to rule the earth once vaccines have killed us off.

PukousMucous Fri 16-Aug-13 10:06:40

You're mean. I wish your DCs a long a happy life, despite our difference of opinion.

puffylovett Fri 16-Aug-13 10:07:35

Op is clearly on here wanting to start a bunfight - keep an eye out for the daily mail chaps biscuit

Troll perchance?

Gobbolinothewitchscat Fri 16-Aug-13 10:07:43

Post the evidence you're relying on, then. Educate us

usualsuspect Fri 16-Aug-13 10:11:05

Is the alternative media some crackpot conspiracy site on the internet?

RegainingUnconsciousness Fri 16-Aug-13 10:25:06

Erm, I've reported this... er, person.

But, the wonderful Tim Minchin has some words on this kind of topic.

peggyundercrackers Fri 16-Aug-13 10:43:36

im agree with organics beliefs in that i dont really agree with giving people vaccines for everything under the sun. we have decided not to give dd any more vaccines, one of which will be MMR. Neither of us have all our vaccinations either. its not that we are rebelling or anything, we just dont believe in it and do our own thing.

Gobbolinothewitchscat Fri 16-Aug-13 10:54:54

Why did you give some vaccinations peggy?

Rooners Fri 16-Aug-13 10:56:17

It seriously doesn't seem worth engaging with this OP.

I was excited to see a thread on this topic and was going to join in but then I realised who started it and now I'm not going to bother...

Goldmandra Fri 16-Aug-13 10:58:09

I'm brainwashed?

Am I wrong then? Is Polio still endemic in this country and I just can't see all the children being killed and maimed by it? hmm

Suzieismyname Fri 16-Aug-13 11:30:23

But the current vaccines are not for everything under the sun. We don't vaccinate for chickenpox in this country, for example.

Forgetfulmog Fri 16-Aug-13 11:36:37
vestandknickers Fri 16-Aug-13 11:50:13

I wish I hadn't clicked on that link forgetful - I want to wash my brain now!

Morgause Fri 16-Aug-13 11:52:04

Nephew wasn't vaccinated. He has autism. Your argument lost.

lljkk Fri 16-Aug-13 11:54:36

<Spilling out the kernals>
<Kettle on>
<Fluffing up the cushions>
<Shaking up the pan>
<Pouring out the hot water>
<Adding in the milk>
<More pan shaking>
<Filling up the big bowl>
<All on a tray>
<Comfy settling into my chair>

Carry on OP, I've my popcorn & cuppa all ready to go.

vestandknickers Fri 16-Aug-13 11:57:28

My three children are vaccinated. They don't have autism. How's your argument holding up OP?

LurcioLovesFrankie Fri 16-Aug-13 12:09:22

Hi all, you may want to check out the other thread the OP has started:
http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/a1827912-Feminism-funded-by-the-Rockefellers-to-break-up-marriage-and-family

While I'm sorry if anyone's been upset by this thread, I do hope he/she (/it, in the case that OP turns out to be a lizard) doesn't get banned, it's comedy gold!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now