Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is this normal after 8 week vaccination?

(9 Posts)
Grubbugsmum Mon 05-Aug-13 16:04:23

My DD had her 8week vaccination on Friday and has been super sleepy and eating less ever since. Happy enough when she's awake, but that isn't for long except at night!! Have others experienced the same? Beginning to worry...

CatherinaJTV Mon 05-Aug-13 18:43:43

my DD was totally groggy for a day after her baby shots, but then came round. If you are worried, talk to your health visitor. Hope your DD is back to her normal self very soon!

Crumbledwalnuts Tue 06-Aug-13 04:21:00

I hope you're daughter's ok. I would be watching very carefully indeed. You can record adverse reactions on the yellow card scheme here.

Crumbledwalnuts Tue 06-Aug-13 04:21:24

Your Your Your

I hope your daughter had a good night.

Biped Wed 07-Aug-13 11:36:48

Interesting Grub - my son had them on Monday, was very clingy and refused to nap all day yesterday. Went to bed absolutely exhausted and slept for ages last night. We will see what today brings...

chickenfactory Wed 07-Aug-13 21:36:40

My Dd had hers on Monday and is clingy, sleepy and just wants to bf /comfort suck. Wakes up crying but slept fine all night. Just doesn't seem herself. Hopefully I'll have a happier baby tomorrow.

chickenfactory Thu 08-Aug-13 22:34:50

Back to her normal happy self today smile
Just wanted to post for all the other worriers like me!

CatherinaJTV Fri 09-Aug-13 10:36:18

yeah - thanks for the update!

annaloves Sat 10-Aug-13 05:32:53

NHS website says loss of appetite and sleepiness are completely normal. My DD has been the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now