Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

A question to those who had the whooping cough vaccine in pregnancy

(33 Posts)
MrsJamesMartin Thu 01-Aug-13 20:30:37

How were you afterwards? Were there any side effects? Would you have it again in a future pregnancy?
I'm trying to make up my mind what to do...

MrsJamesMartin Sat 03-Aug-13 22:40:16

Thanks everyone, I feel quite reassured now, will go ahead and book in with nurse

Boosiehs Sat 03-Aug-13 23:10:08

Another achey arm here.

redwellybluewelly Tue 06-Aug-13 15:53:57

I had an achey arm and felt like I'd been hit by a bus for 24hours afterwards - however I left it very late to have it and I was run down working full time.

I would have it again.

Biped Wed 07-Aug-13 11:33:30

As with the others, I had it around 37 weeks with no problems and baby is now a healthy 9 week old.

fatandlumpy Tue 29-Oct-13 15:58:48

I had it at 28 weeks. Also had the baby (who's now 15 weeks and asleep beside me). No ill effects apart from a sore arm and feeling like sh*t the day after.

LostMySocks Mon 04-Nov-13 17:36:32

I had the jab. Just had a slightly sore arm. Thank goodness I did as my midwife went down with whooping cough the day after my baby was born. We were isolated as a precaution but my baby is totally fine.

piklepants Mon 27-Jan-14 06:22:31

I don't dispute whooping cough is serious in young babies. But since they started this latest experiment on pregnant women have they actually found out if vaccinatin a pregnant woman has any effect on the baby's immunity? I know they had planned to keep an eye on the vaccinated study group?

Iheartcrunchiebars Mon 27-Jan-14 06:37:45

None. I've had whooping cough it was horrific and still have 'side affects' from it nearly 30 years later.

So glad I was offered the jab to protect my baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now