Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Timing of pre school booster. Urgent at 4 for immunity cover?

(7 Posts)
FadedSapphire Fri 26-Jul-13 09:01:40

Hi,
Just some advice please. My just 4 year old has had his MMR booster and now [couple of months later] time to get other part of pre school booster.
Going on holiday most of August and don't want side affects. Would he still be covered by the last booster? Is there an urgency or would I be safe to wait a few weeks?
Thanks for bearing with me!

FadedSapphire Fri 26-Jul-13 09:34:09

Tried to book appointment but due to staff shortages can't have vaccine until September. Receptionist says timing a 'guideline'.

Crumbledwalnuts Sat 27-Jul-13 16:14:33

If I were you I wouldn't be worried. Don't panic.

FadedSapphire Sat 27-Jul-13 17:34:48

Thank you Crumbledwalnuts.

Crumbledwalnuts Sat 27-Jul-13 19:20:10

It's ok, it's just the diseases in dtap are so rare. Whooping cough is around, obviously but that's dangerous in infants, a 4-year-old less so. The P in dtap also doesn't protect against one of the strains of WC which was going around last winter. I hope you have a nice holiday.

lljkk Sat 27-Jul-13 20:34:35

No huge urgency, I'm sure DS didnt' get his until January after he started reception.

FadedSapphire Sat 27-Jul-13 21:47:40

Thanks both of you.
Holiday overseas staying with inlaws that expect me to be a Stepford wife...
If we all survive [with no major fall outs] I will consider the holiday a success!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now