Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Just gave my baby his first set of jabs....

(2 Posts)

He was 1 last week.

The nurse grabbed me during a routine appointment and 'discussed' the immunisation schedule, asked me if I'd like to jab him today, reassured me it was my decision and not her job to question unless I wanted to explore the reasons for my decision either way.

What a lovely nurse.

As he was quite well, no longer breastfed to high heaven and vaccination was on my 'to do' list I agreed.

Why on earth it couldn't have been a similar experience for children 1 and 2 I have no idea. There was no pressure and no scaremongering and no need for me to put up any defence.

To top it all off, she let ds 'play' and jabbed his leg when he was relaxed and distracted and he didn't even notice.

Might write to the surgery and tell them what a great nurse they have.

CatherinaJTV Tue 18-Jun-13 15:28:12

yeah - congrats on the great experience!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now