Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

First vaccine

(8 Posts)
LittleJack15 Thu 16-May-13 17:07:32

I feel sorry for my little guy. He's feeling a bit grumpy after his first vaccine.
confusedconfused

LittleJack15 Thu 16-May-13 18:01:32

What where everyone's little ones like after first vaccine?
smilesmile

Earnshaw Thu 16-May-13 18:04:42

DD1 - screamed blue murder then had a disconcertingly long sleep.

DD2 - had a sore leg and was very cross.

Both (now teenagers) absolutely fine the next day.

CatherinaJTV Thu 16-May-13 18:14:11

DD tired, slight temp for the rest of the day with her three first rounds of shots, after that, nothing anymore

DS absolutely nothing - he didn't react to any vaccine until a booster he got at 9 years old (an evening of fever).

LittleJack15 Fri 17-May-13 10:06:05

All smiles with my little chap this morning and gd night to. Not much sleep but in good form.
gringrin

CatherinaJTV Fri 17-May-13 11:10:51

yeah - thanks for the update!

glossyflower Wed 26-Jun-13 16:25:32

My DD just had her first vaccines this morning. She cried she she got the jabs, then slept quite a while. Once we got home she screamed like I'd never heard her scream before. Her left leg with the big mixed vaccine became red, hot and swollen. I gave her some calpol and cuddled her to sleep. Incidentally her leg is now not red at all now. Bizarre.
Isn't it horrid seeing then cry so much when you can't really do anything about it?

CatherinaJTV Wed 26-Jun-13 18:50:25

so sorry glossyflower - hope all is well by tomorrow morning. Let the HV know about the reaction in the leg and let them use the other leg for the next shot. Yes, it sucks to see them cry like that sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now