Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

MMR equivalent when pregnant?

(3 Posts)
IndecisivePramBuyer81 Fri 10-May-13 19:11:48

I live in South Wales unnervingly close to Swansea and the Measles outbreak and am currently 32wks pregnant. I wasn't MMR vaccinated as a kid and there's no record of me having had measles in my Drs notes (although my Dad believes I had it). My MW seems to think they're giving out a version of the vaccine for pregnant women (as the usual MMR jab isn't allowed) but my Doctor knows nothing about it. .anyone know anything? Am beginning to get a little paranoid baby will contract measles when born! !

CatherinaJTV Fri 10-May-13 22:51:30

nope, not measles vaccine for you until you have given birth. Should you come down with measles (or know you have been exposed) you can be given measles antibodies directly (same holds for baby). New cases are going down, hopefully this wave is over soon - your GP could test you for measles antibodies now, to see whether you are immune, that would give you peace of mind...

www.wales.nhs.uk/sitesplus/documents/888/measles%20notifsweek17.png

IndecisivePramBuyer81 Sat 11-May-13 10:44:00

I didn't know I could be tested for antibodies. .ever helpful at my doctors then! will investigate that then..Thanks! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now