Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Dd had 3rd HPV, now fever and fatigue

(6 Posts)
Madsometimes Wed 01-May-13 10:48:29

She had the jab yesterday, and was fine, just a sore arm. Then last night she woke with a fever of 40 degrees. She's still unwell today, fever 38.5, very pale and so tired.

Has anyone else had these side effects, and how long did they last?

It was her third dose. She had no reaction with the first two.

CheesyPoofs Wed 01-May-13 10:58:47

Mmm I'd be tempted to say it's a bug and just coincidence she had the jab yesterday. Especially as she had no reaction to first 2.

CatherinaJTV Wed 01-May-13 15:01:44

My son had the same after his last DTaP booster - it took him a couple of days to be back to normal.

Madsometimes Wed 01-May-13 21:02:30

I took her to the GP and he said her reaction was more than average, but high fever can happen, and often responses to boosters are more than to initial injections.

I would say school tomorrow is very unlikely. She has no energy and needs calpol and neurofen to keep her going. She doesn't seem to have any obvious viral infections. No cough or cold or UTI.

Madsometimes Thu 02-May-13 20:43:34

She's much better today thankfully. She does run high fevers more easily than average, but her response was very strong, even for her. She will be in school tomorrow.

CheesyPoofs Thu 02-May-13 21:02:44

Glad she's feeling better smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now