Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Shouldn't there be a campaign

(8 Posts)
whoopwhoopbib Wed 08-May-13 07:41:47

How about the parents who receive their childrens immunisation appointments actually make them/attend them rather that just not turning up leaving a wasted appointment time??

Obviously I don't mean those who have chosen not to vaccinate or those that are unable to have them, but in these cases measures can be put in place so they aren't allocated an appointment unless they request them.

There are gp surgeries who have large queues of children waiting for appointments but have slots which are not attended which is such a waste and unfair on those waiting.

Tabitha8 Sat 27-Apr-13 20:55:33

That probably is the campaign, come to think of it smile.

Sirzy Sat 27-Apr-13 20:53:50

There is enough in the news that people who aren't vaccinated know the risks and can make their own choices surely?

Tabitha8 Sat 27-Apr-13 20:53:15

How about those of us who are immune to two of the three?
How about pensioners who, (yes, I have asked one or two) don't care if they are immune or not? (Presumably, they are the most likely to actually be immune to all three so maybe that's why they don't care).

Mind you, I suppose a campaign is only a campaign, not a court order to go out and get the jab.

CatherinaJTV Sat 27-Apr-13 20:24:37

How about, everyone should check whether they are immune and if they are not AND they can have the vaccine, they should...

MmeThenardier Sat 27-Apr-13 20:10:30

What even people who are immunosupressed and have been advised not to have it?

LaVolcan Sat 27-Apr-13 10:19:21

What, even people who have had all the diseases?

lulu2 Sat 27-Apr-13 10:08:34

For the entire population to have the mmr jab?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now