Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sorry another MMR question!

(4 Posts)
janey223 Thu 25-Apr-13 13:16:14

I was tested for immunity to rubella at my booking in test before having DS (would be 2 years ago next month) and told I wasn't immune and had to be immunised after having him.

I ended up changing hospitals to have him in Scotland and was told I was immune to rubella!!

My dad isn't sure if I had the MMR or not (was born 88?), I'm suspecting maybe I had the first dose and not the second hence why I do not have enough immunity according to London hospital but maybe enough for different guidlines in a Scottish one?

lottieandmia Thu 25-Apr-13 14:13:30

One dose of MMR should work for most people. They only give a booster for the few people for which it doesn't work. 90% of people having the booster (apparently) don't clinically need it. But the only way of knowing if it worked or whether you are still covered is to have your immunity tested and see if you're immune to mealses.

lottieandmia Thu 25-Apr-13 14:13:54

I assume you are asking about mealses as you know you are immune to rubella?

janey223 Thu 25-Apr-13 20:44:16

Well according to one test I wasn't and other I was 'fine' (no idea what the actual number was the midwife refused to tell me) so slightly worried about measles.

Don't live in an outbreak area but as DS is only 15m he doesn't have the full immunity (and like me catches anything and everything, he often gets very sick with little things and has had 5 chest infections after colds) it's the passing it that worries me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now