Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Diarrhoea after MMR?

(7 Posts)
snowyskies Thu 25-Apr-13 11:34:40

I didn't delay because of autism concerns! But it's slightly worrying that the only information I could find was about that.

LadyGranulomaFortesque Thu 25-Apr-13 11:33:51

Oh, really thepig? I thought the US, Italian and even UK courts had made payouts for that very reason!

There have also been a number of studies showing that vaccine-strain only measles has been found in the gastrointestinal tracts of some children with GI problems relating to autism. And that isn't Wakefield's research, btw!

Just because people dogmatically say something over and over again, does not make it true.

I hate to say this on this particular thread but some people are just so ignorant!

thepig Thu 25-Apr-13 11:26:58

Autism has no link to mmr. Seems it can never be repeated enough...

snowyskies Thu 25-Apr-13 11:24:24

Thank you. I hadn't found that. Sounds like it could be a side effect, thank goodness for that.

noblegiraffe Thu 25-Apr-13 11:13:33

Diarrhoea and vomiting are listed as uncommon side effects here:

www.netdoctor.co.uk/childrens-health/medicines/mmrvaxpro.html

LadyGranulomaFortesque Thu 25-Apr-13 11:06:06

Hey don't worry! Diarrhoea is definitely not one of the first signs of autism. If she is well in herself and the poo and puke are the only adverse symptoms, then she should be absolutely fine. Totally understand your worry though.

snowyskies Thu 25-Apr-13 10:48:36

I finally made the decision to get my 6 year old DD vaccinated with the MMR. Her elder sisters both had adverse reactions (one to the MMR, the other to single measles jab), whilst I can't prove it was linked to the jab I had very strong misgivings about the whole thing.

So DD had the jab on Monday and was fine until this morning when she was sick once and since then had very watery diarrhoea on a few occasions. She's fine in herself. Are the same as the rest of the family and haven spoken to her school there aren't any bugs like it doing the rounds.

Could it be linked to the MMR? All I can find online is stuff about that being the first sign of autism. Which wasn't even something I was concerned about. Really starting to worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now