Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Pre-School Boosters

(4 Posts)
Theonlyoneiknow Thu 25-Apr-13 10:46:14

Hi,

Am I right in that there are two vaccinations for pre-schoolers? The MMR Booster and the 5-in-1 jab? And anytime after 3 years 4 months is when they get them? I am not sure if I should get DS's now (he is just 3 years 4 months) or wait until he is nearer 4? I will get them a month apart as although I will be getting him vaccinated don't want him to have both jabs on the same day.

Has anyone's DCs been fine with their baby/MMR jabs but had a reaction to the Boosters/Pre school jabs?

Thanks
TOWIK

CatherinaJTV Thu 25-Apr-13 11:14:16

my kids were fine with both, but DS had a fever with his last dTaP booster and I certainly felt like crap after mine. Given the current situation in the UK, I would probably go with MMR first and then follow with the dTaP/IPV as soon as you feel comfortable with it.

AuntieStella Thu 25-Apr-13 11:18:11

Agree. Get MMR straight away.

One DC was warm and grotty after DTaP booster (or whichever forerunner of 5-in-1 it was back then), but that was the DC who was done late as GP computer ate our notes, we didn't get routine reminder letter and it was a while before I remembered it.

Theonlyoneiknow Thu 25-Apr-13 11:22:49

Thanks, I phoned the health visitor today and she is going to call me back. He had his 13 month jabs a month apart so hopefully they will understand my request again this time around.

We are in NE Scotland and there are no reported measles cases near here (yet). There aren't any appts till June either so hopefully it won't come up here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now