Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

national MMR campaign - your FREE measles vaccination

(8 Posts)
coorong Thu 25-Apr-13 07:10:37

Coming up to exams for GCSE / A level students lets make sure they have the best possible prep - check their red books for vaccination records and make sure they're up to speed. If you've questions or worries ask your GP or check NHS website.

There are a few companies cashing I on parents concerns and charging hundreds of pounds - for some thing you can get for free.

LadyGranulomaFortesque Thu 25-Apr-13 11:12:53

Free? Oh, count me in. I do love a freebie!

lottieandmia Thu 25-Apr-13 11:15:37

coorong - how patronising. Everyone knows the MMR is free hmm

CatherinaJTV Thu 25-Apr-13 11:30:42

it has little do with patronising and all with the profiteering that is going on by private clinics offering single vaccines at £££

LadyGranulomaFortesque Thu 25-Apr-13 11:37:06

It is patronising (and untrue). Those paying for single vaccines know they can get MMR for free. Those not interested in single vaccines know they can get MMR for free.

And it isn't a free measles vaccination. It's a free MMR. Misleading, just like the very companies the OP takes issue with.

coorong Thu 25-Apr-13 11:59:54

Not just me, report on PM and BBC says the company has already has to retract some of the claims on its website and being investigated by public health Wales for suggesting MMR is unsafe. And I'm sure I heard trading standards are interested.

I suggested a company which charges for single vaccines, which are free as part of the MMR can make a lot of money by feeding paranoia.

lottieandmia Thu 25-Apr-13 12:06:28

People are intelligent enough to make the decisions for themselves about what is best for their children. If people want to get single vaccines, that is up to them. The only reason you have to pay for them is that they are no longer available on the NHS. That was the government's decision.

MmeThenardier Thu 25-Apr-13 16:16:45

Your post is as misleading as that of the company you mention. And patronising.

Clearly you can't get a single measles vaccine free but perhaps you think the readers here are too stupid too realise that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now