Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pregnant and Worried About Measles Risk

(6 Posts)
CatherinaJTV Tue 09-Apr-13 22:20:17

ask your doctor to test your titer next time you have blood drawn and have a chat to your friend about her vaccination fears.

I dont think thats one that they test for. You could ask your gp/midwife if they could test your immunity status

Tinyflutterby Tue 09-Apr-13 22:05:51

I live in Scotland, but this has been worrying me since I found out my friend wasn't getting her ds vaccinated, as I know it puts others at risk. I'm 36 and as far as I know had all my own vaccinations when I was a child so pretty sure I must be immune. Perhaps they would have tested me when I was pregnant last time?

CatherinaJTV Tue 09-Apr-13 22:00:57

Hi - are you in Wales? Also, most important in this constellation is: are you immune against measles? If you have had measles or 2xMMR you should be absolutely fine.

have you been vaccinated/had measles in the past?

Tinyflutterby Tue 09-Apr-13 21:54:01

Hi, I'm 6 weeks pregnant and my ds1 has had his mmr jab, however my friend's ds hasn't. Am worried that my unborn baby is at risk, can anyone help?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now