Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Travelling to Thailand with 14 month old - Help!

(5 Posts)
maybejulesishome Tue 15-Jan-13 22:12:29

Hi there, this is my first time on Mumsnet and I am actually looking for help. We are travelling to Thailand next month for a Phuket wedding with my 3 children (10, 5 & 14months). I am worried about the amount of vaccinations the baby will need - she is supposed to have her MMR before she goes as well as Hip Men C / Meningococal / Hep A. She is supposed to have Typhoid but apparently there is a national shortage on Typhoid immunisations for the under 5's. (not very useful). Does anyone have any experience of travel to Thailand with toddlers / babies that could either help allay some of my worries, or suggest places for private vaccinations (I am Richmond Upon Thames based). Also there is a national shortage of rabies vaccinations and this is worrying me also, although people are advising me that Phuket is fairly safe. If anyone can be amazing and offer experience and wisdom I would be very, very grateful... x

sashh Wed 16-Jan-13 07:07:46

You are all too late for the rabies vaccination, I can't remember how long it takes but I needed at least 3 spaced jabs and a blood test.

Have you got a travel clinic near you? Sorry not much use.

maybejulesishome Wed 16-Jan-13 10:26:06

oh thanks for responding though... gulp! rabies was my main one!! x arghhhh

CatherinaJTV Wed 16-Jan-13 14:07:35

Just make sure that you don't let them pet dogs under any circumstance, don't let them be licked or so by dogs either. Keep the food health rules, "peel it, boil it or forget it", so no raw food that someone else prepared. Bring your own bottled water - no ice cubes and all should be well. Do the MMR now and the rest of the vaccines 3 weeks later. Have a lovely trip smile

specialsubject Sun 20-Jan-13 11:17:09

not just dogs - any mammal at all is completely off limits.

enjoy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now