Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Swine Flu vaccination whilst pregnant linked to child with autism?

(2 Posts)
Scoobiewhatsit Fri 11-Jan-13 00:04:59

Hi I had the Swine Flu vaccination whilst I was pregnant in 2009. I have a daughter who will soon be three and is currently 'in the system' for being tested for autism. I had a very straightforward pregnancy and birth and my daughter has never had any health concerns that might have caused any developmental delay.

Does this ring any bells with anyone else in my situation? Does anyone know of someone who may share my concerns?

Huge thanks.

CatherinaJTV Sat 12-Jan-13 11:11:25

I am sure that if you hunt around on the internet you'll find women convinced that their flu shot during pregnancy "gave" their child autism, but there is no hint whatsoever in the biomedical literature that there could be a connection. I hope the "system" works fast for you and you get some answers and appropriate support.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now