Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

8 week old vaccines - what the hell!?!?

(5 Posts)
ILikeOwls Sun 30-Dec-12 21:24:23

Hi OP, my DS was poorly for 3 weeks... There is a threat below about the 5 in 1 where 2 of us ( I have recently name changed) had a v similar experience.

Only you know your DS properly and will know the best course of action. I found calpol ineffective and he truly seemed to be in pain and unsettled for a long time. I held him lots, BF'd often and crossed everything!

There is a lot of info out on www regarding vaccines and reactions which ranges from 'they are all bad and toxic' to 'it is your duty to vaccinate regardless' but there is some informative reading among the crap.

Good luck and I hope he feels better soon

CatherinaJTV Fri 28-Dec-12 09:46:03

So sorry that your little man is taking the shots so hard. I had my Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis booster some years ago and had a painful arm and headache for a couple of days, that gave me renewed sympathy for the babies, since they don't really know why they are feeling crappy at that point. He should be a lot better this morning!

Florin Fri 28-Dec-12 07:09:39

My ds was miserable for a couple of days after 2nd injections and so were a lot of his friends. However he was completely fine after the third ones.

TrazzleMISTLEtoes Fri 28-Dec-12 06:54:47

IME the first vaccines are the worst. Mine were poorly for about 24 hours. I hope he feels better soon.

lainey1234 Fri 28-Dec-12 06:53:19

He had the jab yesterday and has been really suffering since. He's been crying virtually non stop all evening, he never cries unless hungry. He's barely slept more than 2 hours at a time thru the night when he usually sleeps at least 5 hours. He's not himself at all. Very unhappy, very squirmy and restless - how long will this last?! He's had 2 doses of calpol which really helped so he's clearly uncomfortable grin( but when it wears off he back to suffering again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now