Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Should parents of 7 month baby have flu jan?

(8 Posts)
hazeyjane Sat 08-Dec-12 10:55:07

I should have said that would be for you, not the baby!

hazeyjane Sat 08-Dec-12 10:53:22

I think you will have to pay for it, but it is quite cheap and they do it at Boots and supermarkets.

EdwardtheEagle Sat 08-Dec-12 08:26:39

Thanks all for good advice. My Dh is resisting (hates doctors) but I think I'll get it grin

ElaineBenes Wed 05-Dec-12 14:22:23

I agree. I'd get it and pay out of pocket if needed. I got it at Boots when I was in the UK. You're saving yourself the unpleasantness of flu but more importantly protecting your baby.

CatherinaJTV Wed 05-Dec-12 12:28:17

flu is particularly tough on babies - I would get it (in fact, we do get the shot every year, just paying for it out of pocket).

hazeyjane Wed 05-Dec-12 10:54:06

It is only given if you are in a high risk group, or the carer of someone in a high risk group.

dishwashervodkaanddietirnbru Wed 05-Dec-12 10:51:49

are you in a high risk group? I have never had a flu jab and neither has dh and we have 2 kids.

EdwardtheEagle Wed 05-Dec-12 06:11:58

My DH and I both work from home and look after our 7 month dd. should we have the flu jab? Our doc said dd wouldn't have the jab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now