Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Death toll rises

(167 Posts)
stargirl1701 Fri 30-Nov-12 11:50:01

The number of babies under 3 months who have died from whooping cough this year has risen to 13. Just so awful. My thoughts are with their families today.

Brycie Thu 06-Dec-12 12:07:02

I'm not one-sided, I think it's unnecessary and counter-productive whichever side it comes from. But I feel a bit "told off" by you Bruffin!

bruffin Thu 06-Dec-12 12:24:21

"But I feel a bit "told off" by you Bruffin!"
I realise that grin
but you do seem to have set yourself as some sort of umpire or referee and it is very one sided

Brycie Thu 06-Dec-12 12:30:03

I want a big tall chair and a megaphone for Christmas please grin

JoTheHot Thu 06-Dec-12 12:43:46

'I'm not one-sided' !*??

Someone calls me a cunt and a wanker, you more or less congratulate them, but chase me from thread to thread saying I'm rude.

Brycie Thu 06-Dec-12 12:59:04

Excuse me? Explain?

Brycie Thu 06-Dec-12 14:07:04

! oh my gosh I should be more careful - I got deleted for that pretty innocuous post above ! that's amazing

Wow. And I was called over-sensitive.

Brycie Thu 06-Dec-12 14:09:33

Gosh I'm really really cross. Somebody called me disablist on another thread and didn't get deleted and now I get deleted for an "oh come on post"! Honestly this site is a bit weird.

Was that the post about reminiscing about Jo's charming 'lame reasons not to vaccinate' thread.

Maybe mumsnet is run by the department of health. Or funded by Glaxo <play your choice of conspiracy music here>

Brycie Thu 06-Dec-12 14:36:45

Yes that was it. I'm quite cross and had to eat four Terry's chocolate orange segments to make me feel better.

Brycie Thu 06-Dec-12 14:38:06

I'm supposed to have congratulated someone for calling someone else a cunt too but what? Actually?

I have never called anyone a cunt. Not even in real life. A wanker yes, although never on here.

Very odd your post was deleted.

Brycie Thu 06-Dec-12 14:50:12

Not even when alone in the car? When alone in the car I have called other drivers "f-ing bastard f-ing cunts", if there was a real life delete button I'd be down a manhole every time I get behind the wheel. But only then.

Well I'm learning something all the time, what really really annoyed me was someone else calling me a horrible thing and not getting deleted, so hencewhywhatsoever I resorted to chocolate orange.

No, every other word (I am a fishwife it has to be said) but not cunt. And of course I shout at the screen when someone on the internet is wrong, but I don't generally call people names on here (think the last time I did it was 2003).

Your deleted post above isn't the sort of post that usually gets deleted. So bit odd all round really.

Brycie Thu 06-Dec-12 15:00:42

Ok that's interesting. MN if you are reading can you enlighten me?

ElaineBenes Mon 10-Dec-12 04:53:58

I go off for a few days and suddenly Brycie's posts are deleted? What did you say??? I always thought you were quite mild mannered!

I think mnhq are just very quick to delete if a post is reported so don't take it personally. I doubt they have the time to sift through each one. But what did you say that might have caused you to be reported? <intrigued>

Btw, your post about driving made me laugh. I never swear in front of kids but when I'm behind the wheel it just comes out. They find it hilarious 'mummy just said ....'!

Agree about cunt saintly. Even writing it makes me cringe a bit. Hate the word.

Brycie Fri 14-Dec-12 22:27:09

I am except when people are unpleasant I do like to point it out. Which is displeasurable and very irritating but not against the rules I think. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now