Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

BCG oozing puss

(6 Posts)
SaraBellumHertz Fri 30-Nov-12 06:49:09

Strawberry - I think age is dependent on location. My eldest had it done when a couple of days old as we lived in central London and it was deemed a high risk area.

We now live overseas and it is a mandatory requirement if you want a school place.

Anyway thanks to all - saw the dr who said quite normal.

CatherinaJTV Sat 24-Nov-12 22:48:19

go see a doctor to get it looked at.

NotQuintAtAllOhNo Sat 24-Nov-12 22:03:12

My oldest son had his when he was 18 months (we were going to India so recommended).
His did not ooze.

Welovecouscous Sat 24-Nov-12 22:01:59

I would show it to the dr - that happened to my friend's baby and he needed antibiotics in the end. it was an infection.

Wow I'm assuming the age for BCG has changed since I had it at 15! But yes to answer your question some of my friends had ones that oozed loads. Some people seem to react more to it than others. If your worried though a quick trip to the docs might be in order not sure if there's much they could do though. I guess just try to keep it as clean as you can, it will stop eventually.

SaraBellumHertz Sat 24-Nov-12 14:24:22

DC4 had her BCG approx 8 weeks ago (she is 20mths)

I know I should expect some swelling and pus but it is oozing continuously. I wipe it and a minute later there is a trail of pus down her arm. Any idea whether this is within the confines of normal?

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now