Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is there any peer reviewed evidence against vaccinations?

(9 Posts)
Aloha31 Thu 22-Nov-12 10:01:25

In general or specific ones (such as the mmr/autism link).

Thank you.

Ps I have immunised my dd, not at mmr stage yet though.

FantasticDay Thu 22-Nov-12 10:09:28

Hi,
The Cochrane Collaboration carried out the most robust systematic review of the evidence on MMR and concluded that there was not significant link with autism. You can read the study abstract here:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD004407.pub3/abstract
and I think you can find the abstracts of the primary data too.

bruffin England Thu 22-Nov-12 12:13:10

The IOM Adverse Effects of Vaccines Evidence of Causuality also looked the evidence for and against various vaccine reactions.

bruffin England Thu 22-Nov-12 12:29:35
Aloha31 Sat 24-Nov-12 08:55:26

Thank you. Am I wrong in thinking there is peer reviewed evidence which shows NOT vaccinating is harmful?

jkklpu Sat 24-Nov-12 09:00:01

erm, not vaccinating leaves your child at risk of contracting the disease, which is harmful
and it also reduces the herd immunity required to reduce/eradicate the prevalence of such diseases

bruffin England Sat 24-Nov-12 10:31:55

study comparing health of vaccinated and un vaccinated children
This shows the only difference is that unvaccinated are more likely to get preventable diseases and are no less likely to get allergies of or other viruses than vaccinated children.

bruffin England Sat 24-Nov-12 10:36:51

Also there is evidence that mumps and rubella can cause type 1 diabetes.

Aloha31 Sat 24-Nov-12 17:30:59

Thank you bruffin, that's exactly what I'm looking for!

I have vaccinated but don't want to have this conversation anymore based on people's half baked opinions! I want fact!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now