Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

4 jabs today. What to expect?

(4 Posts)
OpheliasWeepingWillow Thu 15-Nov-12 03:51:48

Today my DD had measles, Japanese encephalitis, Rabies and a flu shot (we don't live in the UK).

Any idea of what to expect and how to manage any symptoms of reaction?

CatherinaJTV Thu 15-Nov-12 09:49:12

acutely, a temperature starting within 6 hours or so of the shots that could last for a couple of days, local aches, general achiness. This would be caused by the Japanese Encephalitis, Rabies or flu shots. The measles shot can cause a temp/fever about a week after the vaccination (for MMR, the peak of reactions is on day 9), maybe a rash that should bother your DD, and general grumpiness.

All of these reactions are "can happens" not "will happens", so I am hoping that your DD will be just fine smile

I hear that the "later" rabies shots (so the third in the series, I think) can hurt quite a lot, maybe ask your doctor then what they recommend to ease that (maybe cooling of the injection site or so). All the best!

OpheliasWeepingWillow Thu 15-Nov-12 23:59:49

Thank you!

CatherinaJTV Fri 16-Nov-12 20:35:06

missed a "not" in my post above - the rash should NOT bother your DD

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now