Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

18 month old won't walk after vaccines

(11 Posts)
MrsLionHeart Tue 13-Nov-12 08:25:37

DS has been walking for 8 months. Had 12 month vaccines yesterday afternoon, Pneumonia and HibC. Not MMR. Cried a lot at time, then vomited and got rash on one cheek. Settled down a bit, didn't eat much dinner, but ok and playing before bed. Needed calpol through the night, crying on and off as in pain. This morning won't walk or stand alone. Can only sit in my lap in certain positions and cries when I move around. Have GP appointment at 10:30 this morn. Anyone else had similar experience?

Clumsasaurus Tue 13-Nov-12 09:35:43

No experience but just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you. Good luck at the GP

FanjoForTheMammaries Tue 13-Nov-12 09:36:57

hopefully some temporary muscle pain, good luck at GPs!

WitchesTit Tue 13-Nov-12 09:41:38

I understand your worrying but it's likely as Fanjo says, a sore muscle from the jab causing a bit of weakness when he tries to put weight on it.

DinosaursOnASpaceship Tue 13-Nov-12 09:41:52

I know it's a different type of vaccination and I am loads older but I had my whooping cough jab last week and my arm has been painful since. Feels like I've done a major work out, I can't lie on it or pick anything up with it. It's hot to touch and has a big red patch. According to the doctor this is normal confused

Ds3 had his 12 month jabs at 16 months and his leg (especially the one he had two jabs in) was painful for a few days.

I hope your ds is ok.

FanjoForTheMammaries Tue 13-Nov-12 20:51:01

How is he now?

CatherinaJTV Thu 15-Nov-12 09:50:47

bump - hope all is well?

MrsLionHeart Thu 15-Nov-12 17:04:18

Thanks for the well wishes and sorry for not responding before now! He is walking now, thank God. Kept him on pain meds for about 48 hours, and he is still uncomfortable in his legs. He also has had diarrhea since then (has now been 3 whole days!) and not eating well, only his absolute favorite foods, but seems better in himself, playful and happy enough.

Doctor completely blew me off saying it was normal, but I've not heard of a child being so sore they couldn't walk and cried inconsolably at every move for 24 hours, wouldn't eat properly and had their digestive system so disrupted for three days plus. Can't imagine any adult consenting to jabs that would make them that unwell. Sigh...

FanjoForTheMammaries Thu 15-Nov-12 17:07:03

Glad he is on the mend!

mommaford Thu 06-Dec-12 09:35:18

Glad your toddler is recovering. The doctor's reaction is typical - they don't want a fuss or aggravation. And what he nor the nurse will tell you is that vaccinations don't just contain the disease, but also MERCURY in the form of thiomersal, and aluminium (heavy metals which settle in the organs and can have pretty awful side effects and are linked to disease later in life) and FORMALDEHYDE!!! Check out the DTaP as well, the whooping cough that they're pushing at the mo.

You just wouldn't put these in your baby's milk would you, yet as parents we're expected to way up the pros and cons of the odds of catching the illness (quite often overstated and scaremongering) versus injecting our babies with this toxic concoction, hence doctors won't tell you what's in them, and nurses 'don't know'. I asked my dr for a list of ingredients, and he fobbed me off with a note in the post giving me a list of injections my child had had. He knew what I was asking for as I explained my concerns to him in the surgery.....

Check out for more info if you're interested - http://www.generationrescue.org/resources/vaccination/vaccine-ingredients-and-side-effects/

There's too much money involved in pharmaceuticals, and there are people with conflicts of interest in government bodies from pharmaceutical companies, the whole thing is a mess, doctors are told to tow the line, and discredited if not. You have to get yourself informed and make the decision that is right for you and your child.
I can recommend a book, 'The Truth about Vaccines' by a Dr Richard Halvorsen, tells you about the history and politics behind it all, the details of each vaccine, and recommendations but leaves you to make your own choice. Hope this helps

CatherinaJTV Thu 06-Dec-12 09:40:15

oh mommaford - stop the DRAMA. What nobody apparently has told you is that current vaccines are totally thimerosal free and that formaldehyde has a half life of 1.5 minutes in our bodies (since we make and break down large amounts ourselves every day). Vaccines (the ones that were given here) do NOT contain the disease, but just surface bits of the actual bugs. Aluminium is not a heavy metal and finally, aluminum and mercury are in our breastmilk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now