Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Can you pass on chicken pox from having the vaccination?

(2 Posts)
NichyNoo Mon 29-Oct-12 17:25:35

I don't live in the UK and am thinking of giving DS (2) the chicken pox vaccination. I am currently 32 weeks pregnant and have already had chicken pox (and have had blood test which shows I already have the antibodies).

Does anyone know if DS could potentially catch and transmit chicken pox from having the vaccination and whether there would be any chance I could catch it? I think it is extremely unlikely but can't find anything online to state whether or not he would be contagious after having the vaccination. Thank you!

Trazzletoes Sun 11-Nov-12 03:55:28

Shouldn't be possible. DD is having the vaccination as DS has a compromised immune system. I have asked and been told its not possible, plus someone would have told me if there was the slightest possibility given how many professionals I've discussed it with.

Very few vaccines nowadays leave you with the possibility of being contagious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now